Yes, cheese is in the title of this one, BUT it’s vegan 😉 This is a favorite dish of mine and my hubby. Not only are the avocados stuffed, you will leave feeling stuffed yourself, but guilt free since they are all healthy-good ingredients!
I will confess, there is a lack of photos documenting this meal. It really is more of a guideline instead of an actual recipe. I usually make them towards the end of the week and I use all the leftovers from prior meals in it.
So here it is, the recipe or guideline of one 😉
Cheesy Quinoa Stuffed Avocados:
fills 3 avocados
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup cooked peas and/or corn
- 1/2 cup cooked beans (your choice. In this particular meal I used 1/4 cup Great Norther and 1/4 cup Black)
- 1/2 cup Daiya Cheese (your choice of mozzarella or cheddar style shreds)
- salt to taste
- 3 avocados, halved, pitted and meat taken out of skin
- Mix all ingredients except avocados in a small microwavable bowl, or a small sauce pan. Heat it up in either sauce pan or microwave until cheese has melted.
- Once cheese has melted, stuff the avocados.
- Place in oven safe dish and warm up the avocados in oven, or microwave them just until warm.
- Plate and serve
I have also mixed in sauteed mushroom, sundried tomatoes, bread crumbs, onion…etc, etc…point being I have mixed this so many ways and they have all been wonderful!
Let me know how you like it or any way you would improve it! I love hearing new ideas, so make it your own =)